We supply lifts for the detached homes construction industry, installed ready for use.
The lifts we supply are regular lifts that have incorporated extra safety features that make them suitable for home use, compared to a regular commercial lift.
No compromise has been made in the quality, strength or reliability of the lifts; they are robust and have been built for a long life and reliable service.
- The lifts have enhanced safety features as would be expected from a home lift. See Lift user safety
- The lifts are designed to consume minimum energy. See Electricity consumption
- For technical details of the lift see Technical information
- For a brochure of lift see Fitter
Standard – one size:
The lifts come in one standard size with:
- Automatic stainless steel doors, side opening, 700mm wide.
- Car size of 1030×1030 mm.
The lifts come with a variety of car interiors to choose from (car internal colour and floor covering). See Interior finishes
Non standard lifts:
Lifts of non standard sizes or lifts with through doors are available at extra cost.
The lifts are installed by us and we take care of the whole process from A to Z. The home builder gets the lift ready for use.
Home builders that have their own installation facilities can buy the lifts as a complete package.
The home builder has to provide (in accordance to our drawings):
- A brick or concrete lift shaft of 1280 x 1450 [WxD] mm
- A headroom of 2300 mm
- A lift pit of 200 mm
- Shaft doors hatches: 940 x 2210 mm
- A compartment for the machinery and controls 600 x 1200 x 600 [WxHxD] mm
- Electricity, single phase 240VAC, 16A, MCB protected, dedicated only for the lift and two subsequent MCB’s one for lift lighting and the other for lift machinery. All three MCB’s are installed within the distribution board of the house.
Please see example: house plan and shaft (10.11.2015)
Normally the time required to install the lift and set it operational is 5 working days.
A one year warranty on the lift and the installation work is provided by us in accordance with the contract.
First year maintenance is provided by us at a cost in accordance to the contract.
After one year the user can choose any lift company to provide maintenance services for the lift.
How to get a quote:
To get a quote please fill out the following form: T1-HMEB
The following is a summary of the lift technical details
1. Lift general data:
- Carrying load: 400 Kg max.
- Travel: Up to 4 floors
- Accurate stopping at the landings
- Automatic stainless steel car and landing doors, 700 mm wide
- Full height optical multi-beam safety edges to protect from closing car doors
- Fire rated landing doors, fire rating of the building is not affected
- Full height stainless steel car operating panel
- Half mirror
- In car stainless steel hand rail
- LED car light with auto switch-off
- Position indicator in the car
- Car door open push button
- Over weight protection
- Call registration buzzer
- Emergency in-car stop button
- Car calls disable key-switch
- Low electric power consumption – 2KW
- Low idle power consumption
- Low operation noise
- Normal down travel during power cut-off
- Emergency car light
- Emergency alarm bell
- In car telephone
- Low annual maintenance cost
- Variety of car interior finishes
- Talinor advanced electronic control panel
- Through doors (two car doors)
- Other than 700 mm size doors
- Speech unit
- UPS for doors opening during power cut-off
2. Lift technical data:
- Lift EN81-41 British standard compliance
- Hydraulic lift 2:1
- 400Kg max load
- Speed 0.15 m/s
- Fermator side opening car and landing doors, 700mm (other sizes available)
- Automatic travel, SAPB or push to go travel
- Full height optical multi-beam light curtain to protect from closing car doors
- Motor power: 2.2KW, single phase
- Blain valves
- Rupture valve
- Safety gear
- Hand pump
- Manual lowering in emergency
- Automatic releveling with open doors
- Homing to bottom floor
- Fault finding software
- Fault log
- Installation mode (temporary) travel
- Inspection mode travel
- Fire rated landing doors E120
- Fire recall travel
- Power outlet required : 1x240VAC, 16A, MCB protected
- Machine room: Just a small compartment for the machine and controls
- The lift is also suitable for use in public buildings
The Trent Lift was designed to consume very little electricity as expected from a lift for home use. When idle the lift automatically switches off the following:
- The car light
- The position indicator
This causes the lift to consume only 12 Watt of electricity. At current electricity rates of £0.20 per KWh this will result in £1.72 per month.
During run in the up direction the lift consumes electric power which is proportional to the load in the lift and height travelled.
At the current rate of £0.20 per KWh a fully loaded car (400Kg) running upwards will consume £0.009 (0.9p) for each floor it passes.
During run in the down direction the lift consumes no electric power (actually the idle power).
It can therefore be seen that the total electric power consumption is negligible.
The following standard safety means have been incorporated in the lift. Some of them are unique to lifts intended for home use:
- Emergency stop button in the car
- Alarm siren + push button in the car
- Telephone in the car
- Emergency car light
- Full height optical multi-beam safety edges to protect passengers from closing car door
- Door open push button in the car to reverse closing doors
- Car calls disable key-switch to prevent children from playing with the lift
- Accurate stopping with automatic relevelling
- Overweight protection with in-car indication
- Free-fall protection device, EN81-41 approved
- Normal down travel during electricity cut-off
- In case of non-electric fault, trapped passengers can be released by lowering the car to bottom floor (manual lowering)
Car panel colours
Standard car ceiling
Standard COP (Car Operating Panel)
Non standard COP
Non standard COP
Safety edges or in their full name: “Optical multi-beam full height safety edges” is an electro optical detector device that can detect objects in the doorway of the car.
The device prevents the car door from starting to close if there is any obstacle detected in the door way (for example somebody is standing in the doorway). If the car door has already started to close and an object enters the doorway (for example somebody is trying to enter the car) the safety edges will reverse the car door and keep it open as long as the object is in the doorway.
The safety edges consists of two edges and it works by sending many infrared light beams (invisible light) from one side of the doorway to the other side of the doorway, thus covering the full (1.8m only) clear opening of the car doorway.
The safety edges have a minimum size of objects they are able to detect and the lift user has to be aware of this limitation; however objects like an adult arm, dogs, cats, and similar size objects are detected easily. Please ask us about the safety edges detection limitations.